Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nikkei Fujinkai 2012

Minna-Sama! Shinen Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!
Happy 2012 everyone! The year of the dragon~!
Well on Sunday, January 22 I got the honor of performing for the Nikkei Fujinkai, which is the Japanese, American Women's Society. They're a very big Society! I am so honored that I got to perform for them.
It was at Natsunoya Tea House. I got to sing 3 songs.
1. Manju Shaka originally recorded by Yamaguchi Momoe. I had fun. I usually don't sing rock songs like that, but it was fun to step out of my shell fora while >.<
2. Kanazawa no Ame originally by Kawanaka Miyuki, I sang this song with Amy Katsumoto (Utagawa Akemi)
We got to rock our Kasa (umbrellas) I was so surprised that we came out so in sync with each other~
3. Okeri ga Omamori originally by Sakamoto Fuyumi. I sang this song for my family, mostly to my brother and grandma. Okaeri ga Omamori means "returning home is my treasure" It wasn't really an Enka song, but Kayokyoku. I got to meet so many interesting and very important people. Like I said, I'm very happy. To see the videos' from the event you can click on this URL to go to them, http://tinyurl.com/7jdnhkh

Please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment