Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Japan Trip 2013 Part II

The days following Amy's NAK performance. We went to one of my favorite places to shop, Harajuku! I love Takeshita Street for all their cheap fashions and awesome items that you can't normally find on Hawaii. Daiso has to be one of my favorite stores for the their bargains and interesting odds-and-ends. Amy also came with us to go shopping. We bought so many things from all over!

Asakusa is also one of my favorite places to go shopping for tradition items such as Kimono, Obi, Sensu etc.  Actually there is a bit of back story... Let me back up just a bit...

The plan for that day was to perform on the street corner of Yoyogi Koen in Harajuku. The problem was that I had forgotten that my computer headphone jack was broken and so when we got there of
coarse the music did not work. So we had to return to the hotel to transfer the music files from the computer to my mp3 player. Note that I was wearing a kimono and I had everyone wear Hawaiian looking clothes so we'd look different from the rest of the crowd.. So returning on the train with a Kimono, a boombox, and a parade of Hawaiians following me looked kinda odd.. hehehe

So instead of going to Harajuku everyone thought it would be nice to go to Asakusa and try there. WE GOT HIT WITH LUCK! In Asakusa there is a Music store called Youroudou (ヨーロー堂) where I've shopped before to buy Enka CDs. Well walking by the shop a man and woman who work there remembered me from last year when I performed in NAK and told me that I could sing two songs in front of their store. So I sang Nishio Yuki's Yanzarae and my original song Koukai no Umi. They were so nice and I had a great time!

After that we went to Naka-mise in Asakusa to return to my favorite Kimono shop called "Oshida." The lady who owns that shop remembered me and allowed me to sing in front of her shop as well. I sang Shimazu Aya's Enka Zakura. We was so nice and I bought two new kimon from her. One green one with waves on it and a white one with Two Kabuki on it. She even gives us all gifts when we go there.

Asakusa turned out to be better than performing in Harajuku.


No comments:

Post a Comment